Holy Trinity Lutheran College is committed to enhancing and strengthening the social, emotional and spiritual development of all students. We recognise that wellbeing is fundamental to learning and is integral in every aspect of school culture. We seek to ensure students are actively engaged with learning and develop positive and respectful relationships and connections within the school and community. A Christ-centred approach underpins the foundational values which the Pastoral Care program is based on.
Holy Trinity Lutheran College seeks to listen to and empower its students. The safety and wellbeing of all students is the primary focus of our care and decision-making. We are committed to providing a child-safe environment where children and young people are protected and feel safe.
School wellbeing program
The school wellbeing program aims to achieve this by providing specific programs within the school. These include:
- The Share Care Program
- Second Step (Foundation to Year 7)
- Second Step Bullying Prevention (Foundation to Year 7)
- Drumbeat (Years 3 to 6)
- Friendology 101 (Years 1 to 5 as needed)
- Buddy Program (involving Foundation and Year 6 students).
School counselling service
Our school counselling service assists in supporting the social and emotional needs of our students. The school counsellor may offer support in the following areas:
- Consult with parents and staff with regard to providing support for a student’s social and/or emotional needs.
- Work with teaching staff to complement existing programs and integrate new programs to address student wellbeing needs.
- Assist with individual education planning as needed.
- Refer to community agencies where appropriate.
- Provide direct counselling to students on an as-needed basis.
SchoolTV is our wellbeing platform that gives parents clear, fact-based information on the many challenges faced by today’s youth.
A new edition is released each month with comprehensive videos from leading specialists and organisations. You’ll also find fact sheets, suggested books, apps, websites and much more.
We hope you are able to get great value from this resource, as you raise happy, healthy and resilient children!